Welcome to Put-in-Bay! Population: 138. A charming village located on South Bass Island that is commonly recognized for its festive nightlife, Put-in-Bay is exclusively accessible only by boat or plane. If you’ve never heard of this Midwestern hidden gem located in the heart of Ohio’s “Vacationland”, then let me introduce you to what this tourist-friendly town can offer. If you have heard of or have even been to PIB, then I hope you enjoy this list of what to do while exploring this delightful Ohio destination. Either way, go ahead and hop on the Jet Express or Miller Ferry to venture swiftly across Lake Erie to explore the “Key West of the Midwest”… Put-in-Bay:
1. Rent a golf cart and/or bike!
Rent from Island Bike & Cart Rental.
2. Eat at a really good restaurant! Here are our recommendations:
- – Breakfast: Pasquale’s, Frosty Bar, Village Bakery & Cafe
- – Lunch: The Keys, Reel Bar, The Boathouse
- – Dinner: The Boardwalk/Upper Deck (get the lobster bisque!), Goat, Soup & Whiskey, The Crew’s Nest
- – Treats: The Dairy Isle (get a smoothie!), Candy Bar